NYC LGBT Chamber of Commerce
Discount Prescription Drug Card
This program is being provided to you and your family to help lower your prescription drug costs.
Simply create and print your FREE Prescription Drug Card below
and receive savings of up to 75% (discounts average roughly 30%) at more than 56,000 national and regional pharmacies.
This card can be used as your primary plan and/or it can be used on prescriptions not covered by your insurance plan.
This program also includes other value added programs which will be listed on the card. Please enter your name and e-mail
address in the box below and we will generate a printable membership card for you (no application/enrollment or eligibility required).
This program has “LOWEST PRICE” logic to guarantee that you get the best deal on your prescriptions.
(You pay the lower of a discount off Average Wholesale Price–AWP, discount off MAC Pricing or Pharmacy Promotional/Retail price).
This card is pre-activated and can be used immediately!
As a resident of New York, you and your family have access to a statewide Prescription Assistance Program (PAP). Create and print your FREE discount prescription drug card below. This card will provide you with Rx medication savings of up to 75% at more than 56,000 pharmacies across the country including CVS/pharmacy, A&P, Hannaford, Kinney, Kmart, Pathmark, Stop and Shop, Target, Tops, Waldbaums, Walgreens, Walmart, Wegmans, and many more. You can create as many cards as you need. We encourage you to give cards to friends and family members. This card is pre-activated and can be used immediately!
New York Rx Card Highlights
- Free For Everyone. All residents are eligible to get pharmacy discounts through this program. The program can be used to supplement most health insurance plans including Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and High Deductible Plans. It can also be used as a Medicare Part D supplement by providing discounts on non-covered drugs.
- No Restrictions. There are no enrollment forms, no age or income requirements, no waiting periods, no eligibility required, no exclusions, covers pre-existing conditions, no claim forms to file, no annual or lifetime limits.
- Lowest Price. This program has Lowest Price Logic to guarantee that you get the best pricing on prescriptions (Card holders pay the lower of a discount off Average Wholesale Price-AWP, discount off MAC Pricing, or Pharmacy Promotional/Retail price). You can save up to 75% on your medications (average savings are roughly 30%)!
- Medications. The program includes discounts on brand and generic medications, open formulary so that all medications are eligible for discounts.
- Accepted Everywhere. The Discount Prescription Card is pre-activated and accepted at over 56,000 pharmacies around the country including most major chains.
- Confidential. No personal information is required to get a card. No personal information is collected on processed prescriptions.
Need to order hard copies of cards for your friends, family, members or employees?
Simply click HERE,
enter the Group # NYRXLGBT,
and follow the instructions to order your own personal cards online.
You can even customize the cards by adding your own logo image to the cards!
Q. How do I use this card?
A. Take the card to the pharmacy with your prescription to be filled and when processed with your prescription, you will receive discounts on your prescriptions up to 50% on brand name drugs and up to 75% on generic drugs. Average discounts will average 30%.
Q. Will the free drug card help with my co-payments?
A. No, this card will not lower your co-pay. However, it can be used if your plan does not cover the prescription you require.
Q.Can I use this card in conjunction with my insurance?
A. Yes and no. This card will not lower your insurance co-pay; however it can be used to discount non-covered medications (medications not covered by your health plan).
Q. I have a Medicare Part D Plan can I use the card?
A. The card can be used to purchase medications at a discount for medications not covered on your Part D Plan and/or if you are in the donut hole – gap period.
Q. Can the card be used to purchase medications for pets?
A. Yes. If prescriptions are purchased at a pharmacy (not the vets’ office) you can use the card to receive the same percentage discounts on meds purchased for people.
Q. I need to find out if my medication is one of the drugs that you cover.
A. All medications are eligible for a discount through this program. The card has “Lowest Price Logic” – simply means that all members will receive the lowest price available on the medication purchased.
Q. What pharmacy accepts this card?
A. Most major chains accept the card and thousands of independents as well. There are toll free numbers listed on the card for member and pharmacy assistance.
Q. My pharmacy told me that I need to call and activate this card.
A. These cards are pre-activated and ready to use immediately. If the pharmacy has trouble with the card, please have them call the toll free pharmacy assistance number listed on the card.
Q. I tried to use my card at my pharmacy, and they told me that the Group number is not good.
A. Have the pharmacy call the toll free number while you are there, and they can help them process your card.
Q. My pharmacy said they have never heard of this card.
A. If no one has previously presented the card at your pharmacy, they may not be familiar with it. They just need to enter the information into their system from your card and it will trigger the discounts.
Q. Why would the pharmacies participate in this program?
A. Health Insurance is a concern of many, prescription medications is just one of the many expenses related to insurance. By helping to save money on prescriptions, your pharmacy earns a loyal customer.